- Issue Time
As a new type of inorganic mineral fertilizer, silicon is a good quality fertilizer and plant-regulating fertilizer, and it is a new type of multifunctional fertilizer that other chemical fertilizers cannot match.
As a new type of inorganic mineral fertilizer, silicon is a good quality fertilizer and plant-regulating fertilizer, and it is a new type of multifunctional fertilizer that other chemical fertilizers cannot match. It can not only be used as fertilizer to provide nutrients, but also as a soil conditioner to improve soil. So, what is the role and function of silicon fertilizer? Do you know the ten major effects of silicon fertilizer? Let's take a look with the editor below.
The role and function of silicon fertilizer
(1) There are some important components in plants. Silicon is an important nutrient element for plants, and most plants are rich in silicon. It produces 1,000 kilograms of rice, and the absorption of some silica on the rice ground reaches 150 kilograms, which exceeds the sum of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium absorbed by rice. In the ash of rice, wheat, barley, soybeans and other crops, silicon oxide accounts for 14.2%~61.4%
(2) The application of silicon fertilizer is beneficial to improve the photosynthetic effect of crops. After applying silicon fertilizer to crops, the epidermal cells can be silicified, the stems and leaves can be stiff, reduce shading, and promote the photosynthetic effect of leaves. For example, after applying silicon to rice, the photosynthetic effect of the canopy improves by more than 10%.
(3) Silicon fertilizer can enhance the resistance of crops to pests and diseases, and reduce the damage of pests. After the crop absorbs silicon, it forms silicified cells in the body, thickens the cell wall of the stem and leaf surface, adds the stratum corneum, and improves the ability to prevent insects and diseases.
(4) Silicon fertilizer can improve crop resistance to lodging. Because the crop stems are straight, the ability to resist lodging can be improved by 80%.
(5) Silicon fertilizer can enhance the aeration of crops. The addition of silicon content in crops strengthens the rigidity of crop conduits and promotes aeration. This is of great significance to aquatic and temperate crops such as rice and reeds. It can not only promote the growth of crop roots, but also prevent root decay and premature aging. It has an important effect in preventing and curing rice root rot.
(6) Improve crop resistance. After applying silicon fertilizer, the silicified cells produced can effectively regulate the opening and closing of leaf stomata, explore the effect of water transpiration, and improve crop resistance to drought, dry hot wind and low temperature.
(7) Silicon fertilizer is rich in calcium and magnesium. Silicon fertilizer is rich in trace elements such as zinc, magnesium, boron, iron, etc., and has compound nutrient effects on crops.
(8) Silicon fertilizer is a good fertilizer. Silicon fertilizer can improve the soil, correct the acidity of the soil, improve the soil base, promote the differentiation of organic fertilizer, and inhibit soil pathogens.
(9) Silicon is a quality element. Silicon fertilizer has the effect of improving the quality of agricultural products, and is beneficial to storage and transportation.
(10) Silicon can reduce the fixation of phosphorus in the soil. Silicon fertilizer can promote the phosphorus in the soil and promote the operation of phosphorus in the crops, and then increase the seed setting rate.